The Royal Family have reportedly launched an ‘after-action report’ following the Duke’s death to learn lessons for the Queen’s ‘Operation London Bridge’ funeral.
It comes as royal experts say the transition plans within the Firm are now more urgent than ever following the Duke’s death.
Prince Philip was laid to rest at a funeral service in Windsor Castle’s Saint George’s Chapel on April 17.
Now, Buckingham Palace has reportedly reviewing the funeral ceremony to apply lessons from it to Operation London – a detailed, minute-by-minute report on events in the days and weeks following the Queen’s death, reports the New York Times.
However, those close to the Royal family say the Queen remains in good health – despite suffering from stiffness in her knees.
The Monarch has spend the last year self-isolating at Windsor Castle, alongside her late husband.
Now, she is said to be stepping back further from a full schedule of royal duties – and could remain at Windsor Castle, while only returning to Buckingham Palace a few days a week for meetings.
Prince Charles is also expected to step-up and take on more responsibilities following the death of his father.
Former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt told the New York Times: “Fundamentally, the queen will fade away gracefully.
“Covid has helped in the sense that it has accelerated what any sensible 95-year-old woman would want to do, which is not stand on your feet all day long.”
This week it was reported Prince Charles will take on his late father’s mantle by accompanying the Queen to the State Opening of Parliament.
Following Prince Philip ’s death, he is to be designated the Queen’s official “consort” and will join his mother for the ceremony on May 11.
Before The Duke of Edinburgh died aged 99 earlier this month, Charles visited him in hospital and the pair talked about the future.
In a bedside heart-to-heart, Prince Philip is said to have given Charles advice on how to look after the Queen and lead the royal family.
Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Queen, Charles, William, Kate, Harry, Meghan, George, Charlotte, Louis, Archie and the rest of the family.
We’ll send the best Royal news directly to your inbox so you never have to miss a thing. Sign up to our newsletter here.
This will not be the first time The Prince of Wales has accompanied the Queen to the State Opening of Parliament, but it is believed he will take on a bigger role this time.
Charles is next in line for the throne. A House of Lords source told The Sun: “It is a clear signal that the Queen does not want the crown to skip a generation and that Prince Charles will start taking on an even bigger role in royal life.”