NewsUK News

Royal Family ‘order truce’ over Oprah chat and will ‘focus on honouring Prince Philip’

The Royal Family has reportedly ordered a truce over the explosive Oprah interview as Prince Harry arrives in the UK for his granddad’s funeral.

Harry has flown back to be at the family’s side to say farewell to Prince Philip, who died peacefully aged 99 on Friday.

It is a significant reunion, as it is his first trip home since he and wife Meghan Markle left for California.

The couple have been in the US during the pandemic, and just last month gave a bombshell interview to Oprah Winfrey.

On Saturday it was reported that royal biographer Penny Junor had said the sombre event could be the Duke of Sussex’s chance to repair any damage from the interview.

Prince Harry
Prince Harry has returned to the UK

Now, The Sun reports that the Royal Family has ordered a truce over the contents of the sensational interview to concentrate instead on honouring Prince Philip.

An insider was reported to have said: “Family conversations now will be on the passing of Prince Philip — and nothing else.

“The Queen has declared royal mourning for two weeks so it’s quite clear that is the focus.

“Conversations will be private but the focus will be on emotional ­matters of dealing with a father and grandfather.”

Members of the Royal Family
A ‘truce’ was said to have been ordered

Prince Philip
Prince Philip died at the age of 99

Last month when Philip was in hospital recovering from an infection and heart surgery, Harry had chosen to isolate at his California mansion and had a private jet on standby to fly him home.

Harry and Meghan paid tribute to the 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh by replacing the home page of their Archewell charitable foundation with a message reading: “In loving memory of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh. 1921-2021.

“Thank you for your service. You will be greatly missed.”



All Credit

Related Articles

Back to top button