If you need a way to keep the kids entertained during long car journeys or help them get ahead academically – then Amazon have launched just the thing.
The online marketplace have just launched the all-new Fire Kids Pro tablets for school-age children and the next generation Fire HD 10 Kids tablet for kids ages three to seven.
The all-new Fire Kids Pro tablets start at £99.99 for the Fire 7 Kids Pro, £139.99 for the Fire HD 8 Kids Pro, and £199.99 for the Fire HD 10 Kids Pro. Fire Kids Pro and Fire HD 10 Kids tablets are available for pre-order starting today and will begin shipping on 26th May.
Now, grown-ups can choose a Fire Kids tablet experience that meets the changing needs of kids as they grow, while enjoying flexible parental controls that give adults peace of mind.
The all-new Fire Kids Pro reimagines the tablet experience for school-age children with expanded, age-appropriate content and new features that empower kids to independently explore.
Fire Kids Pro is an affordable kids tablet that includes everything a child needs to get started – a full-featured Fire tablet, a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ with an expanded selection of content for older kids, a slim protective case, and a two-year worry-free guarantee.
Fire Kids Pro is available in three sizes and four colours and prints. And, any customer with a Fire or Fire Kids tablet can enable the new Fire Kids Pro features on their existing device using the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
The all-new Fire Kids Pro includes:
- Fire Kids Pro comes with a one-year subscription to Amazon Kids+, which includes a large selection of premium entertainment and educational content, now with even more of the content older kids love. Kids can choose from thousands of apps, games, books, Audible books, and songs, including, Real Football 21, Horse Haven, Lego Batman, books like Billionaire Boy, Chronicles of Narnia, and Divergent, videos such as Lego Ninjago, Mr Bean, iCarly, and Amazon Kids+ Original Super Spy Ryan, plus educational content from National Geographic, Collins Big Cat, Rabbids Coding and more.
- In addition to Kids+ content, Kids Pro tablets include access to a digital store so kids can request apps and games like Disney+, Spotify, BBC iPlayer. Seesaw Class, Zoom and more. Kids can request apps and parents approve purchases and downloads. The digital store includes a selection of apps and games designed for children, and parents can choose to allow expanded access to additional apps. Mature and adult content is always excluded.
- The Amazon Kids web browser now includes a setting that gives kids open but filtered access to the web for school projects and online curriculum. Built-in controls are designed to help filter out inappropriate sites. Parents can also allow and block specific sites.
- Coming soon, kids will be able to make and receive voice and video calls over Wi-Fi with parent-approved contacts who have an Echo device or the Alexa app, letting them easily chat with friends to collaborate on homework or stay in touch with family. Kids will also be able to make announcements like “I’m done with my homework” from the tablet to Alexa-enabled devices at home. Beyond communications, Alexa will not be available on Fire Kids or Fire Kids Pro tablets.
- A new music page makes 10 ad-free radio stations from Fun Kids more easily accessible, including Fun Kids Non-stop, Fun Kids Party and Fun Kids Pop Hits.
- Amazon Kids free parental controls make it easy for grown-ups to manage their kids’ screen time and digital content via the Amazon Kids app or website. Grown-ups can set educational goals, age filters, time limits for both weekdays and weekends, adjust the web browser experience, turn voice and video calling on or off, approve communications contacts, approve or deny purchases from the digital store, and more.
- The home screen theme looks and feels more like a “grown-up” tablet. A new “For You” tab offers a personalised screen of content for easy discovery of new and recommended Amazon Kids+ content, while the “Home” tab provides easy access to the child’s screen time rules and key features such as the web browser, the digital store, and – coming soon – voice and video calling.
- Fire Kids Pro comes with a slim case in cool colours and fun prints that protects against drops and bumps. Parents can choose from Sky Blue, Black, Doodle, and Intergalactic. The case includes an adjustable stand that makes virtual learning, game playing, and video watching easy and comfortable. All Fire Kids Pro tablets include a two-year worry-free guarantee— if it breaks, return it, and Amazon will replace it for free.
Are you tempted to treat your children or child to a new Fire Kids Pro range? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.